Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 18, 2008

Sorry, Rebecca, you missed it.

Eli and I have made it halfway through our mommy-less 5 day existence and we're doing great. He has a bit of a cold so there's been some sneezing and coughing but his spirits are up and there's just too much to explore for him to lay around and whine.

I'd joked with Rebecca about how Eli would probably do tons of amazing things while she was gone and she'd miss out. Well, he has done two really cool things in the last couple of days... this morning looked like the first intentional waving he's done. He'll move his arms around sort of like when he was learning to clap, like he's figuring out how to repeat the motion. At some point it will just click and he'll start to do it on purpose and in context. This morning I dropped him off at daycare and told Ms. Linda about him starting to wave. As I was leaving I stopped and Ms. Linda and I both started waving, saying "bye bye." He looked for a second and then started waving. Either it was a fantastic coincidence or he's starting to get it. Very cool.

The other great moment was at my parent's house... Eli was standing holding on to the couch and I was sitting a couple feet away from him. He turned toward me, let go of the couch and took two small Frankenstein-like steps to me before collapsing against me. He's got a ways to go before he starts walking but he's working tirelessly on it. For Rebecca's sake, I'm not classifying these as his first real steps (it was more of a prolonged trip) but she better get home soon because you never know with this little guy.

No comments: