Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Almost 3!


You should see the looks on people's faces when they ask how old Eli is and I tell them 2.  He's a big kid and does act older than he is, unless he's throwing a tantrum on the floor because he can't watch Super Why.  There are a lot of big things around the corner for a kid his age.  We have Halloween in a few short weeks.  The front-runner for his costume is the aforementioned Super Why, followed by a spacesuit and a big dinosaur.  We'll see what wins out.  I know one thing for sure, we are going to get something at the last possible second when we know what the weather will be like.  We learned that lesson last year. 

Eli's 3rd birthday is right around the corner as well.  It feels like he's been with us a lot longer than 3 years.  I'm still blown away by him constantly.  Little kids are incredible with how they take in information and learn about the world around them.  He's also been really sweet lately and has surprisingly good manners.  All that time spent making him say please and thank you to us is finally sinking in!  He usually wakes us up in the mornings by crawling on the bed and giving hugs and kisses.  How cool is that?  Last night he woke up in the middle of the night and came to our room, wanting to sleep with us.  I got him some milk and put him back to bed.  When he laid down he said, "Are there monsters?"  I said, "No, just your family."  "Will you sing me a song?"  So I sang him the theme from Thomas the Tank Engine.  Then I heard a little sleepy voice from the dark say, "Good night, dad.  I love you, dad."  I have to document these moments so that in 10 years when we are having battles over haircuts and allowances I know there's a sweet boy in there somewhere. :)

No comments: